Thursday, October 29, 2009

Reading Assignment Seventeen

Rattled!

Rattled! is rattling! It's so good! I'm loving it from page to page. At this point, Christine is still very newly pregnant. And still very scared. But the thing is: she's embracing it. Christine is terrified, but she automatically loves her little baby. It made me think of and fears that I have embraced. And I could only think of one. When I was 13, my dad got remarried. Four months later he took us to Mellow Mushroom without my stepmom. That was kinda weird. So he takes us to Mellow Mushroom, and we sit down. And he says to my brother and me, "Well, I have good news and I have great news. The good news is that we are going to expand our house. The great news is that your stepmom is going to have a baby. Which is why we're expanding the house." Yowza! What a load! Well, that was a lot of information, so I had to excuse myself. I went into the bathroom. And I kinda melted down. Not because I was upset, but because I was so overwhelmed. The thought of another person invading my life was so heavy. But truthfully, what's so scary about a baby? Babies are cute and cuddly and soft. I love babies. And in that instant, the fear kinda vanished. I felt calm. I was going to be a big sister. I was going to be a big sister? I'm going to be a big sister!!! Shock turned to fear, and fear turned to giddiness, and the giddiness turned into joy. I'm hoping that's what happens for Coppa. I hope that the anxiey she feels melts away and she can enjoy her baby and her pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment