Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Reading Assignment Fifteen

Dear Yoda,

While I can appreciate Austen's style and technique, I have lost all hope with Emma. I know, it's a wonderful book; I'm sure that is true. However, it took me a full two months to read Pride and Prejudice. I loved every moment, but it was a tough read. I read and reread passages. I simply do not have the time to do that with Emma. Emma deserves better. I promise to come back one day, but I need a break; I cannot deal with the heavy language at the time. Please forgive me. I will commit to another classic book, but right now, I have to move on.
My next read will be a memoir. Because Emma was a ficticious work, my next book has to be non-fiction. And this non-fiction work is a book called Rattled! The story of this book is rather interesting, and it all starts in the airport. Yoda, I have a confession to make: I am terrified of flying in a plane. The thought makes me shake, and I get very jumpy- not a good thing while going through security. The only thing that can calm my nerves is a magazine. Everytime I fly, I always buy a magazine, and the last time I flew, I picked up a Glamour magazine. Now, in the process of the flight, I read the magazine cover to cover. Not a word escaped my eyes. In the edition I read, there was a particularly interesting article about a single mother. Her story was beautifully written, so when I got off the plane, I went on the magazine's website. It turned out she had a blog, and a book coming out. On this whim, I bought her book. I've been anxious to read it, so I'm very excited to be starting Rattled! by Christine Coppa. It's a story about her unexpected pregnancy, and the choice she makes in keeping her baby. I'll keep you posted on what happens. May the Force be with you.

Sincerely,
Jedi Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment