Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Reading Assignment Twenty Five

I am at a crossroads. I finished Rattled! I'm excited to start a fiction book, but the only problem is, I have two to pick from! Bah! I am torn between Water for Elephants and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Alice is goofy and crazy. I'll be on a wild adventure the whole time. And it has some lovely, and also wacky, poetry. I've seen the Disney adaptation, so I know what to expect. Water for Elephants is a little different. A friend recommended it to me, saying that I would love it. I trust her judgement, but I'm not sure. It's not that I do not want to read one over the other. It is more along the lines of  "these both sound so good that I can't decide." I think I'll go with Water for Elephants since it is borrowed, and I want to be polite and prompt in returning it. I have already read the preface, and it's fairly packed for such a short piece. 

Two days later...


Okay, I've officially started reading Water for Elephants. I love it! It's the type of book that is slow in plot, but I am not getting bored. It's about this guy, Jacob, who goes from Cornell to joining the circus.  He's smart, and he is quick to catch on in the buisness. I like the way the author writes; I was really surprised to see that a woman was writing it. She doesn't come off in her writing as a woman. Strange. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment